Welcome to the Traffic Committee
Proposed Traffic Committee Mandate:
The Traffic Committee advises the GCA board on issues related to traffic and transportation in the Glebe.
The mandate of the Traffic Committee is to:
- Work to improve safety for all users of streets, sidewalks and pathways in the Glebe.
- Promote mobility choices for Glebe residents with an emphasis on transit and active transportation.
- Act in furtherance of the principle that most traffic flowing through the Glebe should be directed to arterial roads, with the objective of reducing the impact on vulnerable road users and the community as a whole.”
- Provide information to members of the community to facilitate the development of informed opinions on issues impacting pedestrians, cyclists, transit users and drivers.
- Solicit and accept input on transportation-related issues that have an impact on the Glebe.
- Work proactively with residents and other stakeholders to gather input and develop community supported positions on issues within the Committee’s mandate.
- Develop and recommend policy positions to the GCA board on transportation issues.
- Engage with the City, Province and Federal Agencies to obtain information and to promote positions that have significant support amongst stakeholders in the Glebe.
- Review and propose updates to the Glebe traffic plan and other formal planning documents.
The Glebe Traffic Plan can be found here on the City of Ottawa web site.