The Neighbourhood Planning Committee of the GCA meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm at the Glebe Community Centre, but because of the need to be responsive to community issues, regular meetings are sometimes replaced by special meetings, as required.
The Committee responds generally to planning issues in the Glebe, but because it is an older, mature community, the largest part of this Committee’s activity is helping local residents voice and co-ordinate their responses to new infill construction and by-law variances for modifications to existing structures. This sometimes involves raising concerns at Committee of Adjustment hearings for which the Committee has published a Guide for the use of local residents. To review, click on Committee of Adjustment Guide.
To find the zoning by-law requirements of your property or neighbouring properties information may be found at the City of Ottawa website or by clicking Ottawa Zoning.To find a property zoning designation map, go to Ottawa Zoning Map , put in your address and click on map.
The Planning Committee is also involved with other community groups, and the City, in helping establish policies for the guidance of Small-Scale Infill Housing in Mature Neighbourhoods and in guiding other city initiated community changes.
The effectiveness of this Committee is heavily dependent on volunteer support and if you can assist in any way, or require help with planning issues, please drop a line to email@example.com
The Planning Committee advises the GCA board on issues related to planning and development in the Glebe.
The mandate of the Planning Committee is to:
- Monitor development proposals for conformity with principles and policies adopted by the GCA board.
- Work proactively with residents and other stakeholders to develop community supported positions regarding proposed planning and development activities
- Recommend policy positions to the GCA board on planning issues, following community consultation, analysis, and discussion with public bodies, developers and other stakeholders;
- Communicate GCA views and positions by making representations to the City and other public bodies, development stakeholders
- Support the Glebe Community by providing information related to the Planning processes of the City of Ottawa
- Promote dialog and discussion and provide information regarding planning issues impacting the Glebe neighbourhood